I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Dog Day Out

The last couple weeks I've been working longer hours than usual and been coming home exhausted. With that said, Zeus hasn't been getting his long nightly walks that he's accustomed to. He's good to get a 15 minute nightly walk. This weekend I decided that Sunday would be Zeus's "Dog Day Out". The idea being that he'd end the day worn out, happy and full of attention.

We started the day off with a hour hike in the Florida woods. Zeus left exhausted and hot.


All Smiles


Love my hiking buddy

He left really hot, and I wanted to take him for a dip in the ocean to cool us off. Up to this point, I've only taken him to the bay where the water is calm like lake water. Since we were in Panama City Beach for the hike, I decided to try him out at the public dog beach with open ocean water. I haven't done this yet because Zeus can be really excitable with other people and dogs around, so I like to only do this when my husband is with us. Well we tried it solo and it was a success!



"Mom it's so bright!"



Zeus did so good and loved the waves. We chased the waves and sat with our butts in the sand people watching. Afterwards we shared an ice cream cone and headed home where Zeus crashed. Success!



You may be thinking at this point that I love my Golden entirely way too much, and you may be right! I'm posting this today mostly for my husband. He misses his two best friends, Zeus and I, a lot. He gets to talk to me on the phone about once a week, but since we can't skype he doesn't get to see Zeus. He misses him a lot, so I post things like this so that he can see and hear Zeus.

Plus, I love my damn dog that much!

1 comment:

  1. I love how much you love Zeus! We feel the same way about Milo and Jas!! Spending time with pups is the best, it makes you happy just to see that they are happy and worn out!!

    ReplyDelete