I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Waiting Game

Waiting. I hate it. I hate waiting to check out in line at a store. I hate waiting a long time for my food at restaurants. I hate waiting for my weekend each week. I hate waiting for that damn fish to inevitable bite my hook. Most of all...I hate waiting almost a year to hear/see/feel my husband love me.

Patience has never been my strong suite. I'm spontaneous, adventurous, out-going, opinionated, but patient...nope. I've been really patient these last 6 months. I know he has to put in his time over there and likewise, myself serve this alone time as well. In May we had a pleasurable "deployment scare", meaning we thought he was returning home that month! His roommate/best friend did. Not my husband.

Alright patience, kick in again please, we have a little more ways to go.

Then this month (July 2013) his replacement roommate just arrived home to his family. I'm so happy for them, really. But I'd be lying if it didn't make me sad, jealous and slightly more frustrated. The Army still hasn't given him an estimated homecoming date, not even a month. Could be Sept, Oct, Nov...no one knows. Well I'm sure someone knows, but it's definitely not us at this moment.

I must remain patient, calm and carry on as usual, for his sanity and mine. I know it won't help to badger him about it every time we talk, and it won't help me if I constantly obsess about it. So here's to trying new things like patience for a change! May the force be with me.



1 comment:

  1. Patience is not something I've been good at and I've had to do my share of waiting for major things. It's really just about putting one foot in front of the other and carrying on, isn't it? You just have to keep moving because that is so much easier than getting up again once you've stopped. You'll make it, because there isn't another choice. Not for people like us. Grrrrrr

    ReplyDelete