I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Bumpdate: 26 Weeks




Size of baby: Head of lettuce

Pregnancy Symptoms: Uncomfortable to sleep, lower back pain, some dizziness when I stand, first stretch marks :(

Things that make me nauseous: Nothing

Cravings: Chocolate (I'm not a chocolate person)

Sleep:7-8 hours

Exercise: CF 4 x's, Yoga 1, Ran 4 miles

Baby Movement:  Kicks, rolls and flutters

Total Weight Gain: 16lbs


Wowzers take a look at that belly!  I'm showing more than some friends and family of mine did at full term!  Variations of normal for sure.  Since I am showing pretty large it's not surprising that I began to see the dreaded stretch marks.  I'm no stranger to them by any means.  I had them in high school all over my breasts, insides of my thighs and on my hips.  I drink at least two liters of water a day (66oz), rub lotion and other things on my belly 2-3 times a day and still I couldn't avoid them.  I know it's mostly genetic, and no amount of precautions would stop those tiger stripes but a girl had to try.  I'm worried my husband will be grossed out, so I'm trying to prepare him as much as I can.  He assures me they won't bother him, but tell that to a big pregnant woman with a marked up giant belly.

My lower back has been pretty stiff and sore lately.  I finally bought a bump support belt, and it helps when I exercise for sure.  It's so tempting to wear all the time, but my OB tells me not to because you can become dependent on it and actually weaken your back muscles.  It makes sense to me, so I limit the wearing of it.



This week I went in for my monthly OBGYN appointment, and this week happened to be the dreaded glucose test!  The drink actually tasted yummy to me.  I should get the results next week!


Norah's heart rate was 164bpm, and she was moving around so much the doctor could barely nail her down!  She definitely responds to sugary drinks!  I'm also measuring still a week larger, so I am a little bigger than the average preggo.  My blood pressure is great too.  This time I met with a new OB (there are many at my practice, so it's best to see a few faces!).  I knew he was awesome when he walked in with Reebok Nano 4.0's on (CrossFit shoes).  He also pulled out a lap top with CrossFit stickers all over it.  Where have you been my whole pregnancy!?!  It was SO great to converse with an OB that not only owns his own CF gym here in town, but encourages women to keep doing it until birth.  I questioned him for a long while and he advised my greatly on modifications for my upcoming third trimester.  All in all a great visit!  After my next appt in four week I will start going every two weeks!

The cats love the crib!

I got to go to work one day in civilian clothes, ah....

Yoga is paying off.  I can still bridge!

4 weeks vs 26 weeks
I love my bump!

No comments:

Post a Comment