I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Baby Shower(s) in Oklahoma

Our moms were kind enough to want to throw us a baby shower each!  So I road tripped back to Oklahoma because I really wanted to have these showers.  I know I probably won't get one here in Florida, and it just wouldn't feel right to miss out on the one chance to celebrate our pregnancy with our family all together.  This is the first time the family has seen me since we announced we were pregnant.  A lot has changed in 3 months!

Date night!

Ice cream date in the snow!

These two <3

It got so cold it froze his olive oil

Time to head to El Reno!


The one draw back was the damn weather.  I would choose the one weekend Oklahoma gets hit with a 2-3 inch snowstorm!  Our first stop was El Reno for my husband's side of the family shower.  The snow hit harder than we hoped, and come the morning of the shower we knew we would have to cancel it.  I was crushed.  I only get a couple opportunities a year to travel home to see family, and it was heartbreaking to have to miss out of having everyone in once place for my visit.  My sweet husband took me in his arms, dried my tears, and tried his best to lighten my mood.  Along with him, my amazing MIL was determined that the shower would still go on, even if it was just our small group.  She threw an amazing shower, and the decorations were just perfect!  Bless her for still going all out even when she sure didn't have to.  Her determination lifted my mood, and put me back in a happy place.  Plus it's hard to not smile when that cake was just so damn cute!  We did have a few guests brave the weather: my dad and family friends of my in-laws!  I've never been so grateful for their company!

CrossFit baby!







Story book themed!

Lawyer onsie

Dad survival kit


Handmade nursing cover/burp cloth!

He can't wait to nurse!

Daddy got his own diaper bag

iPad for Norah!

Grandpa Mike is so excited!

Uncle Josh and Aunt Bethany

Nana Darla

Cake time with niece Elise!
It's a rarity that all the McVays are present at the same time, so we had to get a couple family shots!

27 wks vs 25 wks !

The McVay kids

We're so lucky to have a great MIL!

All 9 of the McVays!

Thank you SO much Craig and Darla for throwing us a wonderful shower to help celebrate our first little one, Norah!  I can't tell you how much it meant to us!  I truly couldn't have asked for a better family to marry into.  Norah doesn't know how lucky she is!



Next was my family shower thrown by my mom.  The sun came out and melted some snow, so we had more guests turn out for this one!  Of course we couldn't let it melt without playing in it first.




Shower time!  The theme was baby and beer!  We loved the decorations and both cakes were awesome!  My mom made the beer cake, how cool is that!?

My mom is crafty!


So delicious!
She came all the way from Seattle!


Baby shower loot

3 Generations, soon to be 4!

Bestie!

So good to see everyone

Cake time, and check out his socks!?
 Gift time!

Future photo prop, my Aunt knows me well

Handmade blanket, bib and burp cloth

My husband couldn't handle the cuteness

Growth chart!

My Grandma is a quilter and made Norah two beautiful blankets

This one she made in 2006 for her first Grandchild

Which happened to be our sweet Norah

We couldn't stop laughing!  My Grandma also gave us this doll that has multiple faces, you just turn the head for a new mood!



Afterwards we traveled back to Tulsa, and I enjoyed the last couple days with my baby-daddy!  I even got some quality time in with my best friend!

Missed my best friend!



Walking Riverside while Kit studies


Lunch with Kit's Grandma

He introduced me to his friends at school, and I got to peek into his locker!  I think he misses us <3

I might have locked us out of his trailer...oops!

So we kept busy playing with our new baby gear!

He's ready to wear Norah!

I even got a WOD in at my husband's box.  They were incredible!

He'd been dying to make a late night pregnancy craving run, so wish granted!  He's so good to me!

I really enjoy Tulsa, and not just because of who lives there.  It's also sad when I have to pack up the car and go home!  The morning I headed home I had to race against another sleet storm.  I was delayed in traffic for about 3 hours, and finally had to stop in Birmingham to sleep after being on the road for 18 hours with 5 hours still to go.  Usually it's only a 15 hour trip total!  Luckily my husband booked us a pet friendly room, and we settled in for the the night!  Finally we made it home safe the next day.

The perfect road trip dog

So exhausted at the hotel


The road trip home was exhausting, emotional, wonderful, full of family time and so worth it all!  I really can't express how grateful I am to my mom and MIL.  They really are just incredible.  I'm grateful too to have a husband who wanted to have coed showers, how cool is that?  I loved opening gifts with him, sharing the celebrations of our daughter, and just overall enjoying family and friend time with him by my side.  I couldn't of asked for a better side kick in life.

It's sad to think the next time I'm in Oklahoma will be during the holidays, but I'll be toting around a 7 month-old!  Still can't wrap my mind around that one.  So that definitely puts a smile on my face!

No comments:

Post a Comment