I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Spring Break 2015

Hello Spring Break.  Finally.  The plus side to my husband being in law school!  My husband drove up to spend the week with us in Florida, and it was wonderful.  We slept in, snuggled, played in the ocean, visited Seaside, ate at our favorite restaurants, and enjoyed our daughter's every kick and wiggle in my belly together.

Reunited!


Breakfast in St Andrews


Dinner in PCB




Mornings are my favorite with these two...feeling her kick

Seaside and Kit spotted dolphins right off the shore!

Heart melting...



Beach day at Tyndall Beach






First wild sand dollar I've seen!


I was lucky enough to have some pass days/vacation days still available to take, so I only worked one day while he was here.  Together we got to meet our doula again, tour the hospital that we'll be delivering at, attend a Lamaze class with me and he even got to come to another doctor's appointment with me with another ultrasound scheduled!  We never thought he'd get to see two ultrasounds, so this was such a special treat.



We also had our maternity pictures taken while he was here!  He looked so damn handsome.  I'm a sucker for a man in suspenders and a bow tie.





We also managed to sneak in one last trip with just us two!  Hello Orlando, FL!  We stayed in a fancy resort hotel with a view of the water, and three pools.  Then we got to do something my husband was dying to do.  Finally see an Atlanta Braves spring training game, and it happened to be against the Yankees!  Bonus!  Then for my fun part, Seaworld.  I've never been, and I insisted while we lived within driving distance and while we could get in for free (military discount).  When in Rome!  We had a blast on our mini vacation, and I'm grateful for our many getaways.  I love our adventurous spirit, and that we're not that couple that is content with just living out our days at home in front of the TV in the same awful daily routine.  Life is meant to be lived exploring and taking advantage of the time we're given.

View from our balcony


Baseball Time!






Lawn selfie

We didn't want to leave


Breakfast by the water and I could watch him read the newspaper all day

Walking the grounds

Seaworld cherry popped!





Waiting for Shamu



We had a blast!
I can finally use my bump as a table!


Afterwards we just enjoyed the rest of our time together at home!  We even got our car seat in the mail, so of course the new Dad had to see if it fit.



Not a good habit to get into Dad...

It's so crazy to think the next time he'll be home we'll be just weeks away from the birth of our first child!  It really blows our minds.  We had a wonderful time together this last week, and it was full of deep laughs, kisses, hand-holding, funny moments where we both say the same things at the same time, and just pure happiness.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, life is just so much more amazing when we're together.  I already miss my best friend.  We're both hoping these next two months goes by quick, but I'm content too just to soak the time up and enjoy the calm before the storm.  My life will never be like this again.  His life will never be like this again.  Ever.  All in all, best Spring Break we can ever remember having!  Although I'm betting next year's might take the cake :)

No comments:

Post a Comment