I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Friday, March 13, 2015

Bumpdate: 29 Weeks




Size of baby: Acorn Squash

Pregnancy Symptoms: BH contractions, slight feet swelling, gas!

Things that make me nauseous: Nothing

Cravings: Brussel sprouts, ice cream

Sleep: 5-8 hours/night

Exercise: CF 3 x's, ran 2 miles

Baby Movement: Moving every hour!  Even kept me awake one night. She even jumped when someone popped a balloon next to me!

Total Weight Gain: Weighing next week!

It's hard to believe she's almost at her birth length.  Now she just needs to pack on those pounds!  This week was pretty uneventful until Thursday.  I was sitting in a class when I noticed my belly would tighten up rock hard and my uterus would tingle about every 5 minutes.  I texted my also pregnant SIL and told her I was really feeling these Braxton Hicks contractions finally!  They didn't hurt so I thought nothing of it.  She mentioned if I was feeling more than about  4/hour that I should contact my OB because they may send me to Labor & Delivery (hospital).  I was feeling them about every 5-6 minutes!  I called and they wanted me to go in straight away.  Five hours later I had a bag of fluids in me and a shot to taper off the contractions.  It worked, well it at least spaced them apart enough that I could be discharged.  I also tested negative for preterm labor which was very relieving.  No exercise and pelvic rest for me until my appointment in three days.  I wasn't really worried because I wasn't bleeding or feeling pain, but I'm trying to take it easy at home anyway.  I knew I couldn't get through this pregnancy event-free!





I've been trying to keep my feet elevated at work when I'm sitting down because my feet have taken to slight swelling now.  I'm pounding that water, elevating my feet and trying to stay moving.  Hopefully it helps.  I've even upped my water intake to about 100oz day.  Because of the swelling I wanted to start wearing sneakers instead of my combat boots to work.  It looks SO goofy, but oh so comfy!



I started Lamaze class this week with a midwife!  I really like it.  We even got to watch a birth video, and instead of grossing me out it just got me really excited!  I can't wait for our delivery day.  It's a little sad attending the class by myself, but luckily I get the midwife as my "partner" for demonstrations!

Took me about 24 minutes = Great WOD!

Got some pool time in!

Whoa Baby!

We have maternity photos at the end of this the week if the weather holds out.  If it doesn't and I have to reschedule then it might just be me getting photographed and not with my husband.  I really hope that doesn't have to be the case.  He misses out on so much already that it almost wouldn't be worth doing if he couldn't be part of the photo shoot.

Let's hope for more smoother weeks in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment