I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Bumpdate: 30 Weeks






Size of baby: Large cabbage

Pregnancy Symptoms: BH contractions daily, hard to breathe when slouched or laying on my back and slight feet swelling

Things that make me nauseous: Nothing

Cravings: Ice cream

Sleep: 6-8 hours/night

Exercise: Just walked 2 miles a day

Baby Movement: Big kicks, dragging her feet across me and punches.  Dad feels her everyday he can.

Total Weight Gain: 20 lbs

This week my husband drove all the way from Oklahoma to be with us for his Spring Break!  It was amazing having him home, even if it was just for a week.  The next time he sees us I'll be 38 weeks along (fingers crossed), crazy!!  More on our week together in a follow-on blog.

I had another OB check-up this week.  And luckily my husband could attend it and see another ultrasound!  She weighs about 3lbs 5 ounces, has a head full of hair, still a girl (insisted on double checking), and is already positioned head down.  Her heart rate was 143 bpm.  Also my placenta is towards the top so that's very relieving too.  She's still measuring a week ahead.  We got to see her actually put her thumb in her mouth and suck!  It was incredible to see and brought tears to my eyes.  She also has big pouty lips and the cutest cheeks.  We are so blessed to be able to share moments like these of our little one!  I also was blessed by my OB to resume exercise again, but not to continue running.  I'm a little sad about it, but as long as I still have an outlet (CrossFit) then I can't really be too upset.  I'm also off pelvic rest which came at a great time while my husband is visiting!

We're SO in love.

She has my husband's "Bennett" nose already!


I've been feeling generally pretty good, but a little over-aware of the contractions.  I find myself constantly checking to see if I'm feeling a contraction, if they're too close together, etc.  I can't believe we're just 10 weeks (ish) away from being parents.  I'm edging closer and closer to having my "Before Baby Gets Here To Do" list finished, and once that's done I think I'll feel a lot more ready.  We still have a few necessary items to buy for Norah before she gets here like a car seat and breast pump for mommy, but other than that we have most of the necessities.  I find myself really taking time to enjoy my quiet moments when I can.  Like strolling through Target by myself with a Starbucks in one hand and hand basket in the other.  Like going to the movies whenever I feel like it.  Dining out at a restaurant.  Hitting the 5:30am CrossFit class.  Wandering around the mall aimlessly.  Long mornings sitting at brunch reading a book with nowhere to be.  I know I won't get moments like these here shortly, especially being a "single mom", so I'm really soaking them in while I can.

We also took maternity pictures this week!  I was SO worried the Florida weather wouldn't cooperate, but we lucked out.  Plus we had an amazing photographer who could make us look great in any situation.  We decided to shoot in a very cute little high end beach community called Rosemary Beach, and even got some shots as sunset on the beach.  Here are some sneak peaks!





Can my Baby-Daddy rock a pink bow tie or what?  We had so much fun, and can't wait to see the rest in a few weeks.

This week while my husband was home we did A LOT of baby prepping.  We started with an at-home appointment with our doula to go over our birth plan, questions and to check-up on things.  It was great having my husband here because he actually had more questions than I did.  That same day we had my OB appt and ultrasound.  The next day we toured the hospital's labor and delivery wing.  We met the floor manager, and came loaded with questions.  The kind nurse had plenty of time for us, showed us around, and really put our minds at ease.  Luckily their practices and procedures line up very closely with our birth plan, so much so that we can shorten our plan quite a bit!  We feel so excited and comfortable with our hospital.  Lastly, we had a Lamaze class that evening, and the first /only one my husband was able to attend.  It's being taught by a midwife at our OB practice.  We discussed epidurals, pain management, cascading effects of interventions, and other things.  We liked the midwife and her beliefs so much that we decided to switch and make her our primary.  I'm seeing an open practice which means there are multiple OBGYNs and about 3 midwives.  The OBs rotate shifts at the hospital for deliveries so you never really know who you'll get on the day of.  The midwives will guarentee their presence for your delivery if you so desire it.  We didn't realize that until we spoke with her after our class.  We really like her, and feel really comfortable with her.

Morning cuddles and feeling Norah


We both feel armed the best way possible with our doula at our back, midwife by our side and each other for the delivery day.  At this point we feel excited, calm, and empowered for our big DDay.  We couldn't ask for anything more except for our little girl to stay put for at least seven more weeks.  Daddy made sure to whisper that to her before he left for school.  Hopefully she listens!

No comments:

Post a Comment