I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Bumpdate: 31 Weeks

Fresh out of the shower!



Size of baby: Pineapple

Pregnancy Symptoms: BH contractions daily if not hourly, hard to breathe when slouched or laying on my back, "lightening crotch", severe pain in hip flexors, breasts leaked for the first time EVER!

Things that make me nauseous: Nothing

Cravings: Lemon anything

Sleep: 6-8 hours/night

Exercise: CrossFit 3 times and walking 2 miles/day

Baby Movement: First time she kicked me and it hurt!

Total Weight Gain: Haven't weighed

We've reached that point where we're at single digit weeks left!  EEekkk!  Where has the time gone?  I tell my husband all the time that it feels like I just surprised him with the news in Tulsa.  I counted and I have about seven weekends left before my husband comes home for the summer, so this week I was hard at work on my to-do lists.  We finally put a deposit down for the placenta encapsulation and got that squared away.  I got the last of the nursery decorations ordered or bought to make, pictures coming soon!  We decided on a pediatrician as well, so that's another big rock off my list.  Lastly I finalized our birth plan and sent copies to our OBGYN, doula and hospital for their file.  I feel very accomplished this week!  I'm working on assembling my husband and I's hospital bags now with the help of Pinterest and advise from friends and family, so if you have any good tips please leave a comment below!

This week I've had severe pain in my hip flexors, mainly my left.  I read up online about it and it's common for some women to experience pain in their hips/hip flexors due to everything stretching and prepping for a watermelon to squeeze through.  I think I  may have done one too many thrusters in CrossFit and pulled my left one though.  I can't even stand on one foot to put on my pants.  I really want to get this healed ASAP, so lots of rest/ice for me this next week.  Also my BH contractions feel like they're getting stronger.  I read that they can't get stronger, that they're just one strength throughout the pregnancy but I'm calling bull$hit on that one!  I used to barely tell I was having one, but now sometimes it feels better if I just stop walking or doing what I'm doing until it passes.  There are some nights where I'll have too many in one hour, but I'll call my husband panicking and he'll tell me to drink even more water (I'm up to 120oz/day!), lay on my left side and chill out.  Luckily they've stopped after that, but sometimes a girl just needs a reminder!

Since we only have about two months left my "nesting/to-do" drive has been in full force.  We don't know when she'll make her arrival, so while I have the energy (and the ability to still bend over) I want to tackle my lists while I can.  I know we'll never really be 100% ready for our world to completely change with her grand entrance, but I can have our lives organized and ready for her when that time comes.  I don't want to have to worry about our disorganized office filing cabinet (been on my list for a year to sort through!), catching up on last year's photo albums (I'm SO behind) or cleaning out messy closets.  The picture organization is a big thing for me because I take many photos of our life as it is, and I know when she comes that will only triple.  I want to have all our photo albums finished, pictures backed up and space ready for many more to come.  These are all things I can do now while I don't have a sweet cuddly baby in my arms, so these are all taking priority over the next few weeks.  It will feel so good to have these things completed.

As far as work goes, I feel like it's time for me to start finishing projects, making back-up plans in case I'm out for long unexpected periods and winding down.  I plan on working through as long as I can, but I'm mentally preparing myself to probably be on home rest for at least the last 2-3 weeks just to be safe.  That means I only have about 6 weeks of work left.  After she's born the military gives me 6 weeks of maternity leave, and I've done a good job of saving about 6-7 weeks of my personal leave too over the last year.  In total I should be able to stay home with her the first 3 months of her life.  I'll treasure everyday home with her that I can.

31 weeks down, 9 (ish) to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment