I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Monday, August 18, 2014

6th Monagaversary

Today I receive a text from my husband reading, tomorrow is monogamy day!  What is that?  He said it's our 6th monagaversary.  This guy may not remember to turn the porch light off before bed sometimes, but he's got a long-term memory like an elephant!

We had our first date on February 15th, 2008, but the timing was wrong for my husband.  Later that year I graduated with my associates degree in Biology/Zoology in Enid, Oklahoma and had my sights set on Oklahoma State University to finish up my BS.  I moved to Stillwater, OK a couple weeks before school started with my best friend Kira, but we didn't really know anyone there.  I knew the campus was huge, so I wanted someone before school started to show me where all my classes were.  Hmm...there was this guy I went on a date with who goes to school here...let's try him!  I texted him and he agreed!  That evening we met and he walked me all over campus.  I'd be lying if I said I never once lagged behind a bit to admire his backside or stared a little too hard at his baby blues.  After that night we were inseparable.  We'd find excuses to see one another, for instance the next day I "needed" help assembling a desk at my apartment.  A couple nights after that we saw a movie together.  I worked late at a computer lab for money, and he'd always walk me to my car at midnight when I got off.  He insisted it.

August 2008

September 2008



A week after school started (August 19, 2008) he invited me to see a baseball game with his parents/brother and wife in Bricktown.  I hated baseball then, but decided to go anyway because it was a way to spend time with Kit.  On our way there I nervously brought up that earlier that day I was working in the lab on campus and a guy had asked for my number.  I told Kit I didn't know what to say because technically we weren't dating, but I didn't want to assume.  I knew this was the make it or break it talk.  Are we just friends or is this something special?

He replied as he reached across his truck for my hand, "Well I don't want to see anyone else.  Do you?"

No way!  Of course I was smiling ear to ear.  That night I met his family for the first time, but we didn't make it officially known until later that night.  We went back to his place afterwards and made it "facebook official".

Six months later he reached for my hand again to ask me to marry him in Bricktown (Coincidence? I think not.)

Eleven months after that he reached for my hand as my Dad handed mine over for the final time at the altar.

The rest is history.

I can't believe I've been his and he's been mine for six years.  I can't even remember how life was now without him.  I don't want to.  We've always thought being together has been so much more fun then being without each other.  Our lives improved, our experiences, our adventures, our everyday simplistic routines drastically became so much more with each other to enjoy it with.

Happy 6 Year Monagaversary my love!

Our first photo together, August 2008!



No comments:

Post a Comment