I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Surprise Date for Kit

It's not often when I have the chance to genuinely surprise my husband.  The task is difficult given we both have the same banking accounts, synced our calendars together on our phones and always have at least the next three weekends constantly booked.

I really wanted to do something fun for him before he moves for the semester and I wanted it to be something you can only do here by the beach.  With the help of trip advisor I stumbled across a fun horse ranch that allows you to ride horses along the beach at sunset.  We've never rode horses on the beach before, but it's been on our bucket list since I moved here!

The night came and my husband couldn't wait to hear what I had planned, so when I laid him out cowboy boots and jeans he smiled and figured it out pretty quick.  First we drove to the next town and  tried this amazing pizza joint that has been on our list forever, then headed to the beach!

Something we learned that night, if you walk up in cowboy boots to horseback ride then everyone automatically assumes you're an experienced rider.  Oops, given that we both haven't rode horses in a very long time, we were a little intimidated!  Out of the group we got the feisty horses because she thought we could handle them, oh well!  Kit's horse was young and feisty.  My horse was calm and beautifully white.

We rode down the beach along the water and it was the most calming activity we've done in awhile.  We both acknowledged quickly how much we missed riding horses and watching the sunset on the beach while riding was just icing on the cake.








He's a natural!



Gorgeous way to watch the sun set.


Overall it was so awesome having the chance to completely surprise my husband with a fun, active and outdoor date night.  It's not often wives surprise their husbands, but I believe they deserve to be spoiled just as much as we (the wives) do!

No comments:

Post a Comment