I vow to help you love life, to always hold you with tenderness and to have the patience that love demands, to speak when words are needed and to share the silence when they are not and to live within the warmth of your heart and always call it home.

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Goodbye Kaiser

We knew it was coming the second his combat boots hit Florida soil, but we just didn't realize how soon the time would come.  I've had my wonderful husband home for exactly 11 months to the day (weird how exact is it), and already he's heading out the door with his bags packed again.  I couldn't even have him home for a year before having to say goodbye a second time.  We asked for this, we wanted this, but it still doesn't make life seem fair sometimes or make hugging him goodbye while trying to hold tears back any easier.



We're both so grateful for his new opportunity.  He's worked so hard for it and deserves this more than anyone I know.  As I've blogged before, this decision for me was one of the hardest we've had to make.  At one time my husband asked me point-blank, "If you don't want me to go, then I won't.  I don't want to live apart for three years if it means sacrificing us."  What's a wife to say to that?  At first I wanted to cave, wrap my arms around him and scream stay.  Sadly, that quickly passed and the right words came out instead.

Go.

My husband acknowledges all the time how strong I was while he was gone, and hearing him say it gives me the encouragement and strength that nothing else ever could.  I handled many things by myself during that year that many people couldn't have.  I became a stronger, more independent person and that's one thing I loved coming out of his deployment.  Maybe the world foresaw what it had in store for us, and thought I needed prepping?  Not sure, but I am sure of one thing.  If my strength can give him the peace-of-mind he needs to confidently move on to his next big challenge then I've kept my end of the deal in this marriage.

We're partners in everything we do.  He doesn't always have to be the strong one.  Sometimes I get that opportunity, and when I say goodbye to him I'll be ready.

We've had the most amazing of a time while he's been in Florida with me these last short 11 months.  I never knew living here could be so wonderful until he came home.  He truly made this place a home for me and these last months have been the happiest that I can remember.  Ever.  Here's a short recap of our almost year in Florida together.

My year started with this kiss.

His first weekend home and we visited Seaside.





First family photo in over a year!

New car!

He pinned on my new bars

Halloween 

Awards Banquet

Christmas Card 2013



Kayaking in the ocean 

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving 10k tradition

Ireland

Ireland

Ireland

Seattle

Seattle

Seattle

Seattle

Christmas <3


NYE

4th Anniversary, my favorite picture to date

26th Birthday

Spencer Family visit

Kit meeting Elise for the first time

We just found out Kit got accepted to law school!

Disney World

Disney World Princess Half Marathon

Lighthouse visit

Kit turned 27











Murph together

ATL

ATL


The McVays in NOLA

Spain

Germany

Paris


Paris


Spain

Germany

Germany

So handsome


Paddleboarding

Snorkel Tour to Shell Island





4th of July

4th of July

4th of July McUnion









 Day in Appalachiacola!

Surf fishing



Horseback riding on the beach date night



Our first Crossfit competition together, SWOLEMATES!


My sweet friends from Oklahoma sent me this to wear while my "heart" is in Oklahoma. I love them and the necklace! 

Our last date night in Florida for awhile!

I always send him away with little gifts of home. This time he got a thermos for class, a picture frame for his trailer and a travel photo album packed full of memories when he misses us.


I insisted on one more McFamily photo of all of us before we start this new chapter!

I'm so incredibly proud of who you are and what you're about to do. I can't wait to see what the future holds for you!




Goodbye Kiser, you'll be missed more than you know!  You know Zeus and I will be counting down the months until the semester is over.  Kick Law School's ass!



No comments:

Post a Comment